Serving Northeast Ohio's Family Law Needs

What happens if a spouse or ex-spouse doesn't follow the orders of the court?

Any time a court order is being violated, the procedural remedy is to file an action asking the court to enforce the order. While a contempt filing is oftentimes an effective method to resolve the issue, there are also other non-litigious avenues to pursue to get a court order enforced. If, however, a contempt filing is necessary, it is important to note that the court may impose sanctions against the party in violation of the order, and may also award payment of attorney fees to the non-violating party in certain circumstances.

For More Information

Fill out our online form